Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Beauty of Gold "As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time." ~ John Mason

When my mother was ill and in the last days of her life, my father had bought her a gold necklace to celebrate their 50th Anniversary.
After she passed, he gave me the necklace.  Recently, I brought it out, wondering if I would ever wear it, only to realize, it wasn't my style. I contemplated taking it apart and redesigning some jewelry out of it, but then I wondered if that would be offensive to my mother. Thinking about her and if she would care, I could hear her words telling me, "Be practical." Or, maybe that's what I wanted to hear. So that's what I did, and the ring above is one of the pieces.

The design is a solid rod of gold, wrapped four times, with two diamonds on each end.
As my mother would say, "ce joile'",  "it's beautiful."



2 comments:

  1. Tina that is beautifully elegant and simple. Will you actually wear it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually will and have. Thank you for the compliment. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete